Saturday, September 29, 2007

Octoberfest

September being the Bar Exam month, naturally, all entries in my blog for the month of September have been anything and everything about the Bar Exams.

From September 1, a Saturday, and the next Saturdays thereafter (for four Saturdays), I had been driving my cousin to the Manila Diamond Hotel, where her school's barristers were billeted. Then on Sundays (for four Sundays), I had been waiting for her at the EGI Tower, a commercial/residential building right beside the bar exam venue. The first Sunday was spent entirely at the Tower; I got really bored. Luckily, the cafeteria I was waiting at sells second-hand books and I got myself a copy of The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan. The second Sunday saw me roaming the stalls of Harrison Plaza. I spent a good 3 hours scouring for books at Book Sale and National Bookstore. I roamed the whole of the Metro on the third Sunday for a church that said mass at 2 in the afternoon. Unfortunately, there wasn't one nearer the bar exam venue so I had to drive all the way to St. Peter's, a church located in front of our subdivision. The last Sunday, I got lost after buying flowers for my cousin. I couldn't find the road that will lead me right into Espana. I drove straight from Dangwa, until I found myself caught in traffic at the area where Chinese General Hospital is located. After a few more wrong turns, I stopped for directions and I was able to keep my mind mentally clear this time for the directions given by a friendly gasoline attendant. Whew.

So what will the month of October bring me? Hopefully, an appointment at that job I applied for; more interesting entries; and a more open me.

2 comments:

Too late to be consoled said...

i dont know you but still i must say....a nice blog

Insomniac said...

Gee, thanks!