Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Movie Library

10002596

The Phantom of the Opera

I loved it! It was a feast for both the ears and the eyes. Gerard Butler accomplished a difficult feat with this movie – making the Phantom look hot.

 

 

MV5BMTYzNjM5OTY0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODU5MDcyMQ@@__V1__SX100_SY140_

 

Bridget Jones’s Diary

While the movie did not remain loyal to the book, it was still enjoyable to watch. Colin Firth portrayed Mark Darcy brilliantly, with the right amount of snobbishness only the British can pull off. What surprised me was Hugh Grant effectively portraying the cad, Daniel Cleaver.

10001473

Bridget Jones’s Diary: The Edge of Reason

Now this second bit of the Bridget Jones series did not, at all, remain loyal to the book…well, except for Thailand and the drug-busting. It would have been heart-wrenching and heart-warming to see the love triangle among Bridget, Mark, and Rebecca. I’m not at all a fan of portraying Rebecca as a lesbian. Still an enjoyable movie, however, so I forgive those lapses.

1087933

Notting Hill

From being a cad to being such a charming, unassuming travel bookshop owner, Hugh Grant can do just about anything…except probably an action movie. This movie is one of my favorites in the romcom genre because it’s so simple and the emotions come out as so real. Julia Roberts shines in this movie and she only has to smile.

129249

 

Mary Poppins

I grew up watching this classic film and I will let my kids watch this. I almost memorized all the songs from this film, and surprisingly, I still sing A Spoonful of Sugar whenever I feel depressed. I especially enjoyed, until now, the routine on the chimneys.

 

 

1092277

The Wizard of Oz

Another classic, The Wizard of Oz is oozing with spectacular visuals, wonderful songs, and life’s wisdom.

No comments: