Monday, September 29, 2008

Power Lunch II

IMG_0195

As my cousin, friends and I are planning to put up a business, power lunches are to be expected. This time, we had it at Cucina Victoria at Power Plant Mall, Makati. Known for their pastas, we, naturally, ordered a variety of pasta for lunch: pesto (my favourite), lasagna, and pomodoro. Everything was simply delicious, even the pomodoro, and that's saying a whole lot as I'm not that into the basic tomato sauce for my spaghetti. And the lasagna was the creamiest I ever came across. You have to be wary about your budget though, because it is a bit costly. The dishes are good to share when you're a couple; but as there were four of us, we had to order more.

I haven't been to Power Plant Mall in decades. Coincidentally, a Baker's Fair was being held when we went there; as expected, my cousin and friends tried to sample every baked goodies they could sample. They ended up buying a box of brazo de mercedes (creme-filled log cake) from Vargas' Kitchen. The cake was a delight to our palates, except for my one friend who's not a fan.

Then it was off to her place, where we planned menus and stuff. I didn't realize deciding on menus could be so tiring. By the end of the afternoon, my head was aching. Last week, I had to cram numerous pleadings; hence, I was looking forward to a restful weekend. Apparently, this weekend was tiring as well.

P.S. For more Power Plant Mall pictures, click here.

No comments: