Saturday, September 6, 2008

Camera Frenzy

Finally, I got my very own pocket digital camera: a Canon IXUS 90 IS.

image

My aunt sent it through her colleague from the UK. It costs 199£, which is fairly cheap because I got a free 4-gig memory card. Good deal, I say. Compact and light, the 90 IS measures 91.6 x 56.8 x20.9 mm (3.61 x 2.24 x 0.82 in.) and weighs approximately 155 g (5.47 oz.). Sleek designs it has too. The LCD monitor is a 3.0-inch type, low-temperature polycrystalline silicon TFT color LCD (wide viewing angle type), approximately 230,000 dots (picture coverage rate 100%). What blew me away though was the approximately 10.0 million camera effective pixels, which guarantee quality pictures. After looking through the camera the night before, I was thrilled to find that there are numerous shooting modes built inside it, like Sunset, Foliage, Snow, and even Underwater...I just need to buy myself the waterproof case. There's a Stitch Assist, which will help you come up with panoramic shots. And Color Accent, which is great for those close-up shots of nature's wonderful works. Plus, there's a feature that lets you shoot moving images without the blur, which is great because you don't expect your subject to stay still for you, not when it's a jumping kangaroo. There are a lot more features that I can't utilize in one go, but I'll be sure to find uses for them.

I've always wanted to have my own camera, as I want to travel and splendidly document my travel. Or simply click on whatever will catch my fancy. I really saved up for this and I can't wait to try it out. I will be posting some of the pictures I get through the 90 IS as I blog along...

Till then.

No comments: