Sunday, October 14, 2007

Food Trippin' Weekend

It was one of those long weekends: Friday, the 12th, was declared a holiday, it being the end of the Ramadan. Somehow, though, I didn't feel the weekend was long enough. It's almost Monday and I'm like, 'Where did my long weekend go?' Well, where DID it go?

Thursday night was spent watching Season 9 of Friends. I had a blast! I laughed so hard I don't think I can wait long enough to buy the entire series. I laughed until the wee hours of Friday morning so, naturally, my Friday was spent sleeping the entire day off. And now I'm asking myself where my weekend went (rolls eyes).

At least Saturday was kind of productive. I had a haircut at David's, the parlor I always go to for a nice do. Then my cousin and I headed off for SM North and that was when the fun started. Hungry, we searched for a new joint to sample. Tokyo Cafe was right there along the passage from The Block to the cinemas, and the food looked sumptuous, so we dived right in.

I didn't notice the interiors but I do remember that the place was small, cozy small, that is. I noticed the really big Italian backdrop though so I sort of did a double to see if we entered the correct place. Yes, we did. It was time to order.

I'm not a fan of Japanese food, so I went for the safest: chicken recipes. I had the Chicken and Cheese Rolls, which is a new addition to the menu. It consists of fillets of chicken rolls stuffed with melted cheese, a potato something as a side dish, and a tiny bowl of sauce which tasted very much like the sauce of an Italian spaghetti. My cousin had the Shrimp Burger, and it was huge.

My dish was delicious. The chicken meat was tender, and there was no grease, at all. It's tasty with or without the sauce; I opted for without because I'm not that into Italian sauces. By the time my cousin and I were through with our orders, we were stuffed. The servings were meant for sharing and that's quite a relief because the dishes can be quite expensive for ordinary wage earners. Anyway, it was worth the visit and I'm thinking of visiting the place again for its pizza and pasta.

We decided to walk off our big bellies, so it was National Bookstore next. I got myself a copy of the Penguin Classics: Jane Austen's Persuasion and Fyodor Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment. Yes, I kind of was influenced by the movie The Lake House. Anyway, I decided to head home because I had a send-off dinner to go to. Food, food, and more food!

That time around, it was Napoli's at Timog Avenue. We had the New York Classic Pizza and Seafood Marinara. It was not my first time to eat at the place. My friends and I frequent Napoli's if only because the servings are quite hefty, it's almost impossible to finish your orders. Of course, everything there is simply delicious, that goes without saying. So I was once again stuffed, which made me beg off Sunday breakfast.

Book focus:The Last Juror by John Grisham ( The Last Juror Paper )

No comments: