Friday, January 16, 2009

On my CD Changer: Enrique Iglesias Greatest Hits Album

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/release/q39x/

I’ve been hearing Enrique Iglesias over the radio ages before I began to like him. And the video of the song Could I Have This Kiss Forever with Whitney Houston did it for me. Liking him first for his good looks rather than his voice, I fell in love with Enrique. His songs stick to you hours after hearing them over the airwaves and one can’t help but tap his feet to the rhythm. I’ve watched a few of his music videos, and only one word comes to mind as a general description: sexy. I love the infusion of Latino beats to his songs, adding a bit of seductiveness to them.

The album contains all of his known pop songs, including one or two that aren’t, which are probably fillers. Give Somebody’s Me a spin, a good guitar song; and that hilarious Do You Know a.k.a. The Ping pong Song, yes that’s probably a ping pong ball that takes the place of a percussion. I like all the songs in the album, but my personal favourites are Away and Tired Of Being Sorry. The album has a DVD of Enrique's music videos and two of his live performances from Belfast.
Track list:
1. Bailamos
2. Away (feat. Sean Garrett)
3. Hero
4. Be With You
5. Takin’ Back My Love (feat. Ciara)
6. Rhythm Divine
7. Do You Know
8. Tired Of Being Sorry
9. Escape
10. Could I Have This Kiss Forever (with Whitney Houston)
11. Not In Love (feat. Kelis)
12. Don’t Turn Off The Lights
13. Love To See You Cry
14. Maybe
15. Addicted
16. Somebody’s Me
17. Can You Hear Me
18. Miss You (with Nadiya)

Bring this CD along when you drive across the country with friends, and sing and sway along with the songs. It’ll be fun.

1 comment:

Jay said...

I believe there's an "S" missing in front of the word Hits. :)